Sunday, January 27, 2008

Waiting for confirmation...

O'k.
So, I have signed the contract and now I waiting for my visa certificate and other such forms.
Once all that has been cleared, then I will sell my car...get my plane ticket and set about the task of cleaning up my life here. I want to settle all my credit card debt and put a sizable dent in my student loans.

I did finally tell my family.
My father wanted to know why I didn't discuss my plans with them first.
He should know by now that I normally don't seek advice and there was nothing to discuss.
My mom seems to be taking it well. She is almost excited for me.
My sister knew I would be going at some point. She made comment at a party a few months ago. "One day she will just tell us she is going to Japan and that her flight leaves the next day," that is what my sister said to friend. Not quite that dramatic.

I am pretty excited. I am anxious to know what date they want us there. We were told they want us in Japan in March instead of April. I am hoping they mean mid-March...that way we will be training in March and ready to start in April. In my case, it would have to be that way because the whole process itself takes about 4 - 6 weeks. They won't receive my signed contract and certificate form until Wednesday...oh well. I kinda want to sell my car now instead of waiting, but if something falls through I don't want to be without my car. We do have another car (a '97 Protege) and it runs fine.

So that is my update, I am waiting for more news before moving forward with the clean up process...

XOXO

No comments: